Protection sellers would need to pay protection buyers who opted for cash settlement 85% of the par value of the CDS contracts.
A credit event auction for loan-only credit default swaps (LCDS) referencing Chicago-headquartered shopping mall owner General Growth Properties, which opted to restructure debt under the protection of Chapter 11 on April 16, will be held on May 13.
A credit event auction for credit derivatives trades referencing Syncora Guarantee, the Bermuda-based monoline formerly known as XL Capital Assurance, is tentatively set for May 27. Isda's Derivatives Determinations Committee decided that a failure-to-pay credit event occurred on May 1, after concerns over the company's financial health led the New York State Insurance Department to force it to stop making payments to counterparties from April 26.
Auto-parts manufacturer Edscha, headquartered in Hengersberg, Germany, has a tentative date of May 28 for an auction on cancellable European loan-only credit default swaps (ELCDS) referencing its loan obligations.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data