The soaring popularity of low volatility indexes among investors may be hurting the strategy's performance, according to traders.
Smart beta strategies have grown in importance in recent years, particularly among institutional and retail investors, with low volatility indexes attracting significant attention due to their smaller drawdowns and better performance compared with industry benchmarks. But traders warn that overcrowding into the strategies may be raising correlations and reducing index
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data