China's stock market capitalisation is huge: the current figure of $3.7 trillion, according to data provider Quandl is equal to double that of France, triple that of India and 10 times the level in Italy. And as our recent benchmarking feature makes clear, China's cash equity market has grown at stunning pace, considering the Shanghai Stock Exchange only started trading on December 19, 1990. By comparison the Milan Stock Exchange has been in operation since 1808.
So it's easy to understand the f
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data