China-related futures, warrants and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) have all seen a massive spike in volumes over the past two months, which market participants say is driven by investors positioning their portfolios ahead of the opening of the Shanghai-Hong Kong stock connect in October, as well as a general increasingly positive view of the China economy.
The Singapore Exchange's (SGX) China A50 futures index – the only offshore contract on the China A-share market – saw 3.2 million contracts tra
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data