Outside the office of one European bank's head of fixed income, trading floor TVs are showing the last minutes of a World Cup giant killing. Tiny Costa Rica – which has no history of footballing success on the world stage – is about to dump Italy, a traditional superpower, out of the competition.
It's a fitting backdrop for the conversation that follows – on whether Citadel, the Chicago-based hedge fund and trading firm, could rival incumbent dealers as an over-the-counter derivatives market-mak
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data