In less than two months, long-awaited Basel III capital reforms will officially become a reality for many banks in both Europe and the US. In the run-up, derivatives dealers, like overweight bantamweight boxers crash-dieting to shed a few pounds before a fight, have been desperately trying to bring down their risk-weighted assets (RWAs), against which regulatory capital is held.
For most banks, the slimming-down strategy has centred on a handful of tried-and-tested techniques, including unwindin
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data