During the initial session of the second day of the US Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission, regulators requested that more information on OTC derivatives transactions be made available to supervisors.
US Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Mary Schapiro told the enquiry: "To prevent bad actors from hiding their trading activities, the SEC needs the tools to effectively apply the securities laws and police the securities-based derivatives market. Right now, the SEC is responsible for enfo
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules