Denmark's pension industry could be about to undergo a shake-up in the way liabilities are calculated. In January, the country's insurance and pension fund industry trade body, Forsikring & Pension, sent a letter to the Danish Financial Services Authority (FSA) asking that current rules on the marking-to-market of pension liabilities be changed. Rather than using a discount rate based on government bond yields, Forsikring & Pension proposed the use of local swaps rates instead.
At the moment,
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules