With the successful launch of Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) weather futures and e-miNYTM NYMEX natural gas futures, traders and trading firms can now focus on pure trading opportunities rather than traditional over-the-counter (OTC) issues such as counter party credit risk and available credit lines.
Recent liquidity in each futures contract has opened up opportunities for cross-commodity desks to capitlise on the linkages between the two that are a function of both short and lon
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules