Longevity derivatives have been the source of fevered market speculation for some time. The concept of trading longevity - or the risk that people might live longer than expected - is of particular excitement to some. The ability to lay off this risk seems like a silver bullet to pension funds and annuity providers in particular, which are smarting from exposure to steadily increasing life expectancies in the US and western Europe.
A report released in April 2007 by Pension Capital Strategies, th
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules