Disposals of non-performing loans (NPLs) in China have ground to a slow crawl. So far, only China Huarong Asset Management Corporation (AMC) – one of the four AMCs charged with disposing NPLs of the big-four banks – has succeeded in auctioning off some NPLs to foreign investors. Only one auction of non-performing settled assets1 by a Chinese bank to a foreign investor – China Construction Bank (CCB) and Deutsche Bank – has been completed.
China's NPL market, the world's largest, is valu
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data