Derivatives market participants are closely watching the legal spat between SembCorp Marine, a large Singapore-based offshore rig builder, and France's BNP Paribas along with 10 other dealers over payments related to $303 million of currency trade losses piled up by the former finance chief of a wholly owned SembCorp subsidiary, called Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd (JSPL).
SembCorp Marine sacked its former group finance director, Wee Sing Guan, for entering into what it claims were "unauthorised foreig
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data