Independent valuation tops the list of concerns for administrators when they calculate net asset value (NAV). This activity brings with it a number of challenges, particularly if the valuations concern over-the-counter (OTC), hard-to-value or illiquid securities.
According to Liam McNiffe at Bank of Ireland Securities Services, independent verification of a fund’s NAV is the administrator’s primary function. “Challenges can arise where the administrator cannot use its usual sources to value some
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence