The practice of hedge funds outsourcing functions now stands at a crossroads, as managers begin selectively to draw back in-house some activities they earlier farmed out.
Functions such as those performed in the middle office are among those being retrieved. Service providers increasingly agree that insourcing, even in some cases of fund valuations, can make sense.
Insourcing is occurring slowly, and it must be said it runs against the prevailing trend of outsourcing, which is being driven by requ
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data