Fund administration is not a new business for Malta. But the growth has been fast and impressive. Only a couple of years ago, less than a quarter of all funds administered in Malta were domiciled in the jurisdiction. That has now risen to over 50%. The number of fund administrators has also grown, with more than 20 now based on the island.
The reasons for the growth are varied. Malta offers a good talent pool of human resources with one of the highest university graduate percentages in the Europe
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data