Valuation risk has undeniably risen up the agenda for investors and regulators, prompting a swift reaction from service providers such as fund administrators and independent valuation agents.
However, serious questions remain as to investor understanding of the nuances of level 3 asset valuation and the potential risks that remain. Exactly where the burden of responsibility for valuation of those assets lies is also unclear.
The concern was triggered by the difficulties stemming from the financi
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules