Iron ore is beginning to give rise to a market for risk management products that befits one of the world’s most important commodities. The vast majority of iron ore is used to make steel – a product integral to the construction of buildings, railways, planes, ships and myriad other necessities of the modern economy. Moreover, in recent years, seaborne trade in the commodity has ballooned thanks to strong demand from Chinese steelmakers, which are its biggest global buyers.
Despite that backdrop,
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules