IntercontinentalExchange (Ice) will introduce an over-the-counter cleared iron ore contract based on the Platts Iron Ore Index on December 2.
"As a major input to steel production, iron ore is essential to the global economy and is one of the largest commodities today without a fully developed derivatives market," says Mike Davis, director of market development at Ice Futures Europe. "We have designed the contract to meet the requirements of participants in the iron ore and steel industries so t
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data