UBS has topped the metals categories in this year's Energy and Commodity rankings, taking 12.3% of the vote overall. The Swiss bank leapfrogged three places from last year's fourth spot, pushing the winner of the 2006 metals survey, Barclays Capital, into second position with 11.6% of the vote. HSBC once again dominated the gold and silver categories, while Mitsui Global Precious Metals retained its stranglehold over the platinum and palladium markets (see leaderboard on page 58).
It's been a
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data