The European Commission (EC) should concentrate on choosing post-2020 structural reforms to fix the European Union Emissions Trading System (EU ETS), as opposed to making short-term market interventions aimed at raising the price of emissions, said market participants at a panel discussion held in London on September 5.
During the discussion, several firms involved in the European energy market noted that while they were in favour of fixing the beleaguered EU ETS, the market needed change that a
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules