Renewable energy in the US remains largely supported by government initiatives through either federal government incentives in the form of tax credits and cash grants, or the mandates for renewable energy use implemented in recent years by many states. However, the allocation of subsidies has been uneven and a fragmented regulatory regime continues to pose challenges for investors.
Other types of energy also benefit from government subsidies. According to the American Wind Energy Association (AW
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules