The "super grid" will connect the offshore wind farms in northern Europe with the solar panels in southern Europe, allowing countries with a surplus of energy to pass it along to countries with higher demand.
The European Commission said "a blueprint for a North Sea offshore grid should be developed to interconnect national electricity grids in northwest Europe and plug-in the numerous planned offshore wind projects".
The project has been welcomed as a way of furthering integration in European p
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Deutsche Bank expects early 2018 decision on LCH exit
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab