The first ever over-the-counter biodiesel paper swap has been brokered by US firm Starsupply Renewables through CME Group's ClearPort system.
The trade closed on March 23 between two European biodiesel trading houses and was for April 2009 rapeseed oil methyl ester (RME).
Joachim Emanuelsson, chief operating officer at Starsupply Renewables, expects the introduction of RME trading on ClearPort to enhance liquidity in the biodiesel paper swap market. "ClearPort offers a great way for counterparties
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data