- Sudip Dasgupta, infrastructure architect, Sapient Consulting
- Marco Scherer, cluster head global commodities & wholesale, E.ON Business Services
- Tommy Yanowski, manager, global trading systems, Chevron
- Moderator: Alexander Osipovich, commodities editor, Risk.net
Sponsored by Sapient, this webinar convenes a panel of top industry thinkers in energy/commodity trading and risk management (E/CTRM) systems to discuss the challenges of migrating E/CTRM platforms to the cloud.
As energy and commodity firms cut their IT budgets, a growing number of companies are exploring hosted solutions as a way of cutting costs and making their IT infrastructure more nimble. But moving to the cloud is not often a straightforward process. Aimed at chief information officers, risk managers, trading desk chiefs and other senior business leads, this webinar helps listeners understand:
- The challenges of moving large, complex platforms to the cloud
- Pros and cons of cloud-based E/CTRM solutions
- What to do with legacy systems not made for the cloud
- Vendors’ promises: whether to believe them
- The trade-offs of private versus public clouds
- How to navigate the Software-as-a-Service agreement
- Security concerns: will hosted solutions keep your data safe?