Citadel, the Chicago-based multi-strategy hedge fund with $25 billion in assets under management, has spent the past 18 months quietly building out the ability to trade physical natural gas across North America.
Based in Greenwich, Connecticut, Citadel's fledgling physical gas trading unit has grown to some 15 to 20 people since its creation in late 2014, sources close to the business say. Filings with US and Canadian government agencies indicate it has leased pipeline and storage capacity in lo
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data