The spread of capacity remuneration mechanisms (CRM) across Europe is causing concern among some power market participants, which fear the schemes will reduce the importance of the traded energy market and distort wholesale prices.
“We are very critical [of] capacity mechanisms,” says Daniela Zivadinovic, a spokesperson for Swiss utility Axpo. “We think that the establishment of a capacity mechanism is a regulatory intervention which most probably distorts energy markets and impacts electricity
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data