Residents of Texas often boast that it does things differently than other parts of the US. After all, the state was an independent republic for about 10 years in the 19th century and its official tourism website features the slogan, ‘Texas: it's like a whole other country'.
Something similar could be said about the Texas power market. Run by the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (Ercot), it stands out from other US wholesale electricity markets because of its peculiar design, which reflects
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data