The weakening dollar has been driving the returns in managed futures and CTA strategies.
Going short the dollar and long in almost any other currency has been a successful strategy, according to Zbigniew Hermaszewski, director at Altis.
He says the weakening of the US currency has been the big play of the past few months, driving forward the group's portfolios more so than more traditional commodities.
The euro has been the main beneficiary of the downturn in the dollar but a number of other curre
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data