To many observers, the European Union Emissions Trading System (EU ETS) is a shining example of bold collective action by national governments aimed at achieving a noble common cause – the reduction of harmful greenhouse gas emissions and the slowing of climate change. To others, the EU ETS serves as a cautionary tale of the various pitfalls and banana skins that crafting a traded emissions market can bring.
As the world’s largest carbon trading scheme, the EU ETS is a “key tool for reducing ind
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data