Aviation experts have snubbed claims that the sector's inclusion in the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) could be delayed, after Wolfgang Mayrhuber, CEO of German airline Lufthansa recently called for a delay until 2013.
"Numerous carriers in Northern Europe would have much lower benchmark emissions as a result of the Icelandic ash cloud flight ban and the airlines would receive far smaller allocations of free emission permits than required," said Mayrhuber, speaking at internati
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data