EMIC will be based in Abu Dhabi and focus on improving the energy efficiency of oil and gas power generation facilities in the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
"We see a lot of potential for energy efficiency projects in the Middle East," says E.on Climate & Renewables spokesperson Christian Drepper. "This new company will develop the finance for projects that will source credits under the United Nations' Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)," he adds.
EMIC will focus on technologies with large carbon
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules