Firms have not identified or attempted to manage new risks triggered by climate change predictions, according to a study by research firm Verdantix.
The study found that uncertainty on the timing of physical risks from climate change, together with insufficient analysis and a focus on cutting carbon emissions over strategic adoption of low-carbon technology, holds back risk management.
"Climate change risks have not been prioritised due to a perception that the risks are beyond a firm's five- to 1
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules