Barclays Capital played a vital role in structuring one of the most important M&A deals that the UK power market has seen in recent years. EDF’s £12.5 billion ($18.9 billion) acquisition of nuclear generator British Energy (BE) was critical to the UK government’s pursuit of a nuclear renaissance, to reduce dependence on gas and coal-fired generation, cut carbon emissions and fill a looming supply gap.
However, EDF’s initial valuation of British Energy in July 2008 at £12.25 billion (765 pence pe
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence