The era of cheap oil is over and the oil industry now requires investment on an unprecedented scale if supply is to keep pace with demand, top executives warned delegates at a London conference last month.
"We've been through investment cycles before but there are several things that make this one different," said Peter Robertson, vice chairman of Chevron, speaking at London's annual Oil and Money event. The scale of investment needed, the complexity of the work (which will increasingly be in
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data