Reinsurer Swiss Re and environmental investment firm RNK Capital have created the carbon market's first insurance product for managing regulatory risk.
Regulatory risk is a key risk factor in carbon credit transactions. Forward buyers of carbon credits from emissions reduction project developers face the risk that the projects will not ultimately be certified for use under the Kyoto Protocol.
The insurance product, which was developed by Swiss Re and RNK, covers Kyoto-related risk to carbon cr
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data