The CER futures will launch on 26 March 2008, and to encourage interest from potential participants, trading fees (exchange trading and OTC) will be waived for the rest of 2008.
CERs are issued under the Kyoto Protocol for climate protection projects that industrialised nations carry out in developing countries as part of the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM). One CER is equivalent to a one tonne CO2 reduction.
“This positions us internationally in CO2 emission allowances trading,” says Pete
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data