Online exchange operator World Energy will host the first US Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) auction on 25 September. It will be followed by a series of quarterly auctions. World Energy will conduct the auction on its online auction software, which has been adapted to meet RGGI's auction design specifications.
President of World Energy, Phil Adams, says the venture should win the company the job of hosting auctions once a national carbon trading scheme comes to fruition.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Deutsche Bank expects early 2018 decision on LCH exit
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab