As the domestic airline industry prepares for the announcement of first-quarter earnings, the record losses of last year are a constant reminder to investors of the risks associated with owning airline paper. With the factors that brought about record losses still present, many market professionals are predicting that the industry will change significantly as some legacy carriers will face increasing pressures to liquidate, creating a new landscape for investors to negotiate.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data