Cloud-based computing offers considerable benefits to trading and risk functions, and interest from the energy sector is growing. But migrating an entire energy trading and risk management (ETRM) system to the cloud is fraught with difficulties, and is not an exercise that many energy firms have seriously considered – until now, say consultants.
“Around five years ago, cloud was almost not in the picture,” says Sunilkumar Ramakrishnan, a London-based associate partner in IBM’s energy risk manag
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data