The impact of Europe’s second Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (Mifid II) legislation on commodity firms generated a heated debate between industry representatives and regulators during a panel discussion at Energy Risk Summit Europe in London on June 24.
Mifid II is mostly focused on financial market participants, but its effect on companies active in the commodity and energy market has generated concern. The legislation sharply narrows existing exemptions to financial rules commonly
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Deutsche Bank expects early 2018 decision on LCH exit
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab