Both the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (Ferc) – the two principal US commodity and energy market regulators – have experienced significant shifts among their commissioners in the past few months.
Most notably, CFTC commissioner Scott O'Malia resigned on July 21 to become chief executive of the New York-based International Swaps and Derivatives Association. O'Malia replaces Bob Pickel, who announced his resignation from Isda in April.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules