Analysts have criticised the findings of two economists at the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (Unctad), who claim the withdrawal of banks from commodity markets has driven down the correlation between commodities and other asset classes.
“To say that banks exiting creates a decorrelation doesn’t make any sense to me,” says Michael Haigh, New York-based global head of commodities research at Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking (SG CIB). “The only type of individual
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data