Globally, commodity assets under management plummeted from $418 billion at the end of 2012 to just $319 billion by the end of 2013, according to a February 14 report by analysts at Barclays. During the past few years, numerous commodity hedge funds have been forced to close amid disappointing returns, while December 2013 saw the largest monthly outflow from commodity index products since late 2011.
Nonetheless, commodities enjoyed a "surprisingly strong" start to 2014, helped by the impact of su
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data