After much wrangling over how to restore credibility to electricity markets and power price indexes in the US, industry attention is now turning to manipulation in the natural gas markets. Many had hoped that a $1.7 billion settlement between Houston energy firm El Paso Corp, the biggest US gas pipeline and numerous government agencies and utility parties would bring a close to the investigations into gas market manipulation in the western US energy markets.
Instead, as the drawn-out inve
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Deutsche Bank expects early 2018 decision on LCH exit
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab