Cash invested in commodity indexes has reached around $50 billion, a rise of about 900% over the past five years. The Dow Jones AIG Commodity Index alone had grown to $9 billion as of the end of March – that’s a whopping 1,700% increase since 2003. Most of that cash has come from institutional investors looking to diversify away from equity and bonds amid sluggish returns in those markets over the past few years.
More recently, retail investors have taken a strong interest in the commodity m
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data