The northern hemisphere winter months are the high demand season for distillates, and spiking prices and high volatility are commonplace. It is also the time of greatest volatility in the spread between European gasoil and US heating oil. Although these fuels are chemically almost identical, they have different demand fundamentals and are therefore valued quite differently.
Both products are essential to the transportation and winter space heating markets, but not to the same extent. In Europ
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules