Commodity-linked structured products issuance remains buoyant despite a downturn that saw the S&P GSCI post its worst performance in July since the 2003 invasion of Iraq. The benchmark commodity index slipped 12.23%, largely as a result of the Energy Index's 13.65% slide, while the Agricultural Index also lost 11.38%.
While the falls have led to some outflows from the institutional side of the business, retail investors have shown consistent interest in structured products to provide both princi
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data