On Monday, interdealer broker Icap confirmed it is "an equal member of a consortium of a number of leading financial institutions" - rumoured to include Société Générale, which declined to comment - that may place a cash offer for LCH.Clearnet and break up a non-binding merger agreement made on October 22, 2008 between the UK clearing firm and DTCC.
The European clearing house has not yet received any formal offer from the consortium and the discussions are said to be at a preliminary stage. Howe
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules