Senior financial sector officials warned of the considerable risks that need to be navigated to secure the successful internationalistion of the renminbi at an event hosted by the China Daily in Hong Kong today.
A panel including the chief executive of the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing, Charles Li, discussed how Hong Kong could be at the centre of internationalisation of the renminbi and act as a trial base for China to further internationalise its currency while also outlining the key risks
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data