Credit problems in the US and an increase in equity volatility worldwide have not dampened activity in the lucrative, multi-billion-dollar business for pre-initial public offering (IPO) trades in Asia. But awareness that the region's stock markets may be overheated, particularly in India and China, is prompting pre-IPO investors to increase their equity demands and ramp up hedging activities in anticipation of a potential downturn.
"The business of pre-IPOs in Asia is still going strong; we're se
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data